View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Barracuda

jonee523 will become famous soon enough
Default Mission bay 7/8/07

Hey all,

Well it was Mission Bay time again. Yesterday was very nice slightly overcast with a slight breeze. The water temp was 69-70 deg* with slight chop due to pwcs and pber's. As is normal for me I started by trolling to the bait barge for 1 spottie about 10" on the frenzy. After getting bait and paddleing to my drift area I start soaking a chovie and get an instant hookup. Nice fish but its a short hali 18". So back it goes so she can get bigger. I did about 5 drifts for more shorts. On my last drift in this area I float past the mission bridge and my pole goes bendo really well. I get the fish on and she puts up a great fight. This fish goes just over 23", so on the stringer she goes. I drift that area again for a nicer YFC, so now I head to the bahia beach area. This side is slightly more protected from the wind. I made a lot of drifts here because every drift was a fish. I caught 4 nice spotties up to 16" here. As a bonus I also caught my 2nd legal hali 22.5" on a longer drift going across the channel. As I'm starting to run out of bait now I throw on a christmas tree plastic (BH) for 2 more spotties 9-10" each. Now I'm out of bait and start trolling back to the launch. Again the frenzy pays off this time a 14" spottie. Boy the pole went bendo big time. Anyway I need to start taking pics of the fish other than the ones I keep...lol. It was a great day on the water.

Tight lines and paddle well,

Jon
Attached Images