View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default The Wall and Big Sandies

Took out one of the Scouts from my son's troop and a friend Dan to "The Wall" fishing last night.

Neither had fished the Wall before so it looked to be an expense trip (seeing how we were using all my jigs/baits/rods).

Started at the north LA section and on his first drop, Sam nails a small rock bass:

Mission accomplished, got Sam a fish and skunk is off the boat.

Drift down a bit and Dan gets a nice sandie on the Condor

OK, so now I can relax and start fishing. I throw out a #4 Brown Pearl Swimbait and jsut get HAMMERED the instant the jighead hit the rocks. This fish pulled 20 feet of drag and into the rocks. What typically happens next is ZING-POW meet Tom Brokeoff.

...but no, this one stays on. After 5 minutes battling the wind and trolling motor, I finally pull this nice 6.2lb beast, my PB sandie off the Wall, outta the rocks

The last 10 feet of line from the leadhead up were completely frayed. Felt good to FINALLY pull one of these out of the rocks!

We moved inside after 9pm and had a fair pick on sandies and calicos. We hit the LB inside for a bit and then I get railed again, on a home-made jig.

5.6lb sandie

Ended the night at White Island for a few more 1-3lb sandbass.

Boat cleaned and home by 2am!!!

Good times!!!