View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Tough Fishing On San Diego Bay

Robert,
It was a pleasure fishing with you today also. I didn't have any of my trusty Hot Sauce for my plastics much to my dismay, and my Mojo was a gogo for the day

The morning started out good with smooth water and very little boat traffic. We moved out to the channel drop and started tossing plastics and vertically jigging spinnerbaits for no love. We drifted out by the start of Zuniga Jetty and worked along it for nearly a thing, then hopped across it in the bay to work the flats with cranks for no love either. The wind was coming in at about 11oclock while we were paddling in which made for an interesting trip back in. There was ALOT of boat traffic with some sailboat running down the face of the bait barge to admire the fur bags and coming alot closer to the seal aqua tour vehicle than I liked to see. By that time, the water was a washing machine and it was time to turn towards the piers and get some protection from the boat traffic and wind. On the final leg, Robert found the bass and their bait of choice. The irony is the fish were close to where we launched in the first place. Which reminds me of a kayak fishing saying, "Don't paddle over fish to find fish"...DOH!

Afterwards, we headed over to get some eats. After an awesome alligator sandwich with some lip burning hot sauce, all was good in the universe once again. Until next time

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube