View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sunday 2/18 Newport Skiff Fishing

We made it out about 6:30a.m. The fishing was slower than anticipated but my two sons managed a few bass while dad was "El Skunko" Talking about a slump! Someone send me some good fishing karma ASAP The weather and water conditions started off decent but seemed to take a turn in the opposite direction by noon when the clouds moved in.
The skiffs have been upgraded with an electric start and a 8hp outboard which gets you around the bay faster than the old clunkers they previously had. Let it be noted that the upgrade has come with a cost. Fish the skiff for a full day and it will cost you $100.00 . I'd rather have stayed with the clunkers and paid half the price. Usually it comes with a bait tank full of live bait. This time the guy handed me a bag of frozen 'choves and sent us on our way. Figure I'll have to get the boys in a yak and soon. Oh well, live and learn I guess. As the old cliche goes "a bad day of fishing beats the best day at work".

Hank