All Kayak Fishing Forums

All Kayak Fishing Forums (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 OEX Tournament Trail (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   SD Bay Postponement date (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2016)

Iceman 11-20-2010 03:47 PM

SD Bay Postponement date

We are looking at December 11th as the best possible date to fit in between the holidays. We really want to make sure the top ten contenders for Angler of the Year are able and willing to attend. The tides are minimal swing, but that will just make the weigh boats job easier:biggrinjester:

Quote:

1st Place............Brian Sanner....................764 points
2nd Place............Kerry Peeler....................750 points
3rd Place............Ken Rossberg...................712 points
4th Place............Mike Vint........................702 points
5th Place............Tyler Moriarty..................678 points
6th Place............Mike Graham....................676 points
7th Place............Will Bowen.......................664 points
8th Place............Steve Green....................614 points
9th Place............Rex McNamara.................606 points
10th Place..........Brian Crouse....................598 points

plasticman 11-20-2010 04:19 PM

Re: SD Bay Postponement date

I hope everyone can make it on Dec 11th. Wife and son are out of town that weekend and I was already planning to take the boat out.

ortiznsd 11-20-2010 06:42 PM

I know that I'm not the top ten list, unfortunately I have class on the 11th so I"M OUT. Roll my entry to next years round. :o(

Soaked Firecracker!!

islanderexpress 11-20-2010 10:19 PM

Hope to make this event!!!!
OEX Crew, Thanks for the MBF today.
Crazy cold weather but still had a great time.
See you guys on the next event.

"Frozen Pineapple Sonny":sifone:

MAYHAM 11-21-2010 07:49 AM

Andy must just hate seeing me in the top 10! I have been taken of the list AGAIN. I should be in 6th.
That date does not work for me. I all ready traded schedules to fish the toys for tots tourney on the 4th.

gilrockit 11-21-2010 08:20 AM

Sounds good for me, I have a fish with friends at Dana Point. But will miss it to get my name back in the top ten. Thanks Andy.....

Gilbert
Team Dana Point Jet Ski Team Captain
Hobie Fishing Team

Iceman 11-21-2010 09:17 AM

Sorry Mike, I grabbed the original, changed to the revised. Looks like Mike has taken this date off the table. Lets try

DEC 18th this may be too close to Christmas, but throwing it out there for comment.

LEGEND KILLER 11-21-2010 09:23 AM

Hey Andy, I know this gets confusing, but for some reason this board doesn't let you go back and update posts more than once it seems.

There are 10 guys in the hunt for AOTY to some degree or another and one that at best can tie.

1st..........Brian Sanner....................764 points
2nd..........Kerry Peeler....................750 points
3rd..........Ken Rossberg...................712 points
4th..........Mike Vint........................700 points
5th..........Tyler Moriarty..................678 points
6th..........Mike Graham....................676 points
7th..........Will Bowen............,..........672 points
8th..........Steve Green.....................614 points
9th..........Rex McNamara..................606 points
10th........Brian Crouse.....................598 points
**11th..........Dave Easton...............564 points*** can still crack into the top 10, but at best can only tie me if he takes first and I zero.***

fish4gold 11-21-2010 10:36 AM

Andy.... I had a great time in the rain yesterday and it felt like I was back up in
Portland fishing again!! I can't make the 18th... my daughter is coming in from Texas for that weekend for an early christmas...
Sorry .. Brian Crouse

Iceman 11-21-2010 11:06 AM

We will likely be looking at January then.

Will B. 11-21-2010 12:56 PM

It was a big disappointment that the weather in SD Bay was bad. It was nice to see everyone together, however.

Thanks to Andy and OEX for doing a Mission Bay MBF anyway. I went to my same old fished out spots.

Can anyone out there teach a old dog some new tricks?

I am done with the docks

I have decided to hand them over the Mayhem (AKA Eddie Howerton No. 2)

Dec 18th has some great tides

Dec 11th would do, especially if you started at 9 and went to 3 to get more of the swing of incoming and out going

It would be good to get Trail wrapped up before end of the year, but we do have few dead months before 2011 starts where everyone gets Cabin Fever

January-- first weekend would be New Years and the 3rd or 4th would be the Open Bay Bass and too many boats

By the way is there anyway OEX could do a kayak division for the OBB tournie this year?

It will probably be hard to get all ten of top ten to be available for a given date-which was true of about all the dates--someone inevitably has to miss

I am available for any date because I am easy

and the most important thing to me is to BRING SANNER DOWN (BSD)

IB Fish"N" 11-21-2010 01:06 PM

The 18th sounds good for me it's after the MB tourney for the kids and still before xmas.

LEGEND KILLER 11-21-2010 02:24 PM

I should be good with what ever date is picked, so long as a decision can be made in the next few days.

crippled anchovy 11-21-2010 03:01 PM

the fish bite was not so bad yesturday just couldnt snag any big ones.
thanks andy for weighing our fish in the rain with us yesturday, i got carpet all over my yak. as far as the 11 and 18th are concerned , they both work for me.

cheers, Tyler Moriarty

T-Rex 11-21-2010 10:17 PM

December 11, 18 or January will work for me.

Anyone have interest for Sundays? Dec 5 and 19 look good.

Jimmyz123 11-22-2010 09:33 AM

I am good for the 11th or 18th, just need to know a for sure date soon.

Will B. 11-22-2010 11:11 AM

The SD Angler / Rod & Reel Interclub tournament has been rescheduled for Dec 11th- so some 20-30 boats will be out there sandbass fishing--not a big deal but just something to think about

Jimmyz123 11-22-2010 01:31 PM

I'm thinking the 18th is probably going to be a better choice of dates.

crippled anchovy 11-22-2010 03:04 PM

wat about these dates
sun dec 12
sun dec 19
sun dec 26
sat jan 1( im down for new years day)
sun jan 2

i may be out of town from the 10th to the 21st of jan
for work. :beatdeadhorse5:

Jimmyz123 11-22-2010 03:44 PM

I'm down for any of those dates with the exception to Jan 1, I'm on call for work that day. By the time this event happens I'll have my FF installed and my Kayak will be fully rigged so I'm stoked.

Iceman 11-22-2010 04:32 PM

Steve and I discussed this a bit today and agreed that we do not want this extending into the new year.

Right now we are strongly considering the original date of Dec 11th.(sorry Mike) I really want all of the top contenders to partake, but this does not look like it will be attainable for any date.

chime in and help us make our decision!

fish4gold 11-22-2010 04:57 PM

Andy... Dec. 11th works for me... rain or shine I am looking forward to fish shelter island !!! Last weekend really reminded me of fishing on the Columbia River in Washington for winter steelhead!!

Brian Crouse

IB Fish"N" 11-22-2010 06:11 PM

Andy How about Dec 18th? Was that discussed only because there is the toys for tots tourny on Dec 4th. Don't know if people want to fish two weekends in a row. Lot of us are getting ready for the holidays which is just around the corner.

LEGEND KILLER 11-22-2010 06:42 PM

I'll fish what ever date is decided upon............Sundays included if it helps Mike be able to fish this one.

Kailolo2 11-22-2010 08:08 PM

Dec 11th or 12th. We have a weigh boat commitment! A major advantage for such a big area with moving tides and possible winds. ANd it's well before Xmas break or vacations that may be taking advantage of the extra days off. 18th a no go.

Will B. 11-23-2010 10:11 AM

I hope a decision on a date can be made before Dec 1st

so people can make plans for the holidays

ortiznsd 11-23-2010 10:32 AM

Since Andy suggested chiming in, the 11th and the 18th are not good dates for me. Dec. 12th is a good day, just to change it up and have the event on Sunday for once this year. If it lands on the 11th, then roll my entry to next years trail.
Nancy

crippled anchovy 11-23-2010 10:48 AM

11th or the 12th 13th 14th 15th 16th 17th 18th hell i'll piss on a spark plug if i thought that'd help....:iagree::willy_nilly::banghead::spam

al2fish 11-23-2010 10:54 AM

Andy,

I am no longer in contention for AOY so it is not critical for me when its held but these things are so darn fun, dangit! I had planned to leave on the 11th to New Jersey for my company`s yearly sales meeting but I could reschedule and leave on Sunday the 12th. If the tournament is rescheduled for Sunday the 12th, I would have to miss it. Any other weekend would be ok. I think you may have opened the proverbial can of worms.http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/us...n-of-worms.gif

Lit-up1 11-23-2010 11:21 AM

If we are going to get it done on a Saturday this year it looks like the 11th and the 18th are the only options because of the prior 12-4 Mission bay tournament set already. So I am good for either of those two dates in case anyone cares.:biggrinjester:

MAYHAM 11-24-2010 06:40 AM

I can make the 18th:iagree:

zinkysd 11-24-2010 09:09 AM

I would like to see us fish the tournament as soon as possible. The 11th works for me and I think we should keep the starting time the same to avoid the 1000 sail boats that will be out if the weather is good, sorry Will. Also we have a weigh boat for that date. The 18th works too but i think it's to close to Christmas. I can't fish on any Sundays.

Ken
Team Dana Point Jet Ski

Jimmyz123 11-24-2010 11:52 AM

I too like the original starting time. The 11th works for me.

crippled anchovy 11-24-2010 01:55 PM

X-mas works for me... me and little 8 pound 4 ounce baby jesus....just fishin!:sifone:

Will B. 11-24-2010 02:03 PM

I like to fish SD Bay on XMAS morning--for several hours you get it all to yourself.

I just mentioend the later starting time to get more time in the period when the tides has the most movement.

Although early is usually always good in SD BAy if the tide is not moving the fish dont bite. It takes the tide movement to wake up the clams and bait fish to feed on small stuff moving through the water and that wakes up the sandbass--otherwise they just sit on the bottom with lockjaw

Jimmyz123 11-24-2010 04:18 PM

I'm just excited to be able to fish with all of you so you guys tell me when the event is going to be and I'll be there.

flatinfifth 11-24-2010 06:31 PM

Guys...bad news. I cannot make the 11th; I was already pre-engaged to hit another business related event that same date. I hope it all works out and that I can fish it on another date. I'll work on it but I doubt I can skate out of this one. The 18th is wide open for me. Neither Al nor I are in the hunt and we really looked forward to showing you guys revenge for our poor showing at DP but that's all in the past. I had a secret spot for this last SD Bay shootout, loaded with Sculpin that I was going to share with Brian..... he'll have to wait until next year....LOL.

At any rate if Al and I have to miss the last one of the year, we wish you guys the best and look forward to another year on this great tournament trail.

Angel

Will B. 11-24-2010 07:41 PM

We can't do it without you guys.

You are the "meat & potatoes" of the Trail

Besides who else could I beat?

Lets make it the 18th :willy_nilly:

crippled anchovy 11-24-2010 10:56 PM

11th?:rocker or 18th?:brews

or rock, paper, scissors, for AOTY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cH-yoY1zEU

Jimmyz123 11-25-2010 01:06 PM