All Kayak Fishing Forums

All Kayak Fishing Forums (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 OEX Tournament Trail (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Dana Point September 25th Sign Up! (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1938)

Iceman 07-07-2010 09:38 AM

Dana Point September 25th Sign Up!

The first 20 to sign up get a second raffle ticket!

Paypal Link

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

We will be launching from the public boat ramps

Embarcadero Marina

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...1&z=15&iwloc=A

• Check in between 5:30 and 7:30 am.
  • Launch time is 7am.
  • Weighboats will be on the water to weigh your fish. You may weigh up to 10 fish, the final score is your 5 heaviest.
  • Entry fee for this event is only $25 + (Optional) $10.00 Biggest bass Jackpot
  • Cash payouts and prizes awarded to top 10, based on number of participants
After the tournament we will all meet for a great BBQ, awards & a terrific raffle.
Rules:
*** By participating in the Tournament Trail tournaments or events you must adhere to a code of sportsmanlike conduct. Any angler who violates the rules of the events may be disqualified and banned from future participation in all future PN and KFN events as well as all website interactions. This includes conduct before, during and after events both on and off the water as well as online. Conduct deemed inappropriate may be grounds for disqualification or denial from participation in any events or website activities. Judgments of conduct are at the sole discretion of the tournament directors, assisted by website moderators and host facility owners.
1. These tournaments are bass-only events. Sand, Spotted Bay and Calico Bass are the only allowable fish for weighing towards your final stringer.
2. A tournament win is based on the total weight of 5 heaviest fish at the final weigh-in at 1pm.
3. All bass submitted must be alive and at least 12” in length.
4. Artificial baits only. Scents are allowed – squid or other cut bait is not. Berkley Gulp! is allowed.
5. All fishing must be from a kayak, canoe or float tube. No trolling motors or propulsion systems other than paddle, kick or pedal (ie: Hobie kayaks) is allowed.
6. Fish Finders and GPS units are allowed.
7. Tournament hours will be from 7am until 1pm. You are responsible for being on time to the final weigh-in.
8. Scoring will determined by the total weight of an angler's 5 heaviest bass as weighed by the weighboats.
9. You may weigh up to 10 total bass while complying with DFG regulations. The angler is responsible for keeping track of the number of fish weighed. Attempting to weigh more than 10 bass could result in disqualification.
10. You must abide by all DFG regulations.
11. All inquiries, objections or complaints concerning any believed infraction of tournament or DFG rules needs to be stated PRIOR to the awards ceremony.

Iceman 07-07-2010 02:12 PM

Re: Dana Point September 25th Sign Up!

1 Bob Koba
2 Brian Sanner

3 Pat Sullivan
4 Tony Park
5 Kerry Peeler
6 Richard Lightfoot
7 Sonny Craig
8 Tyler Moriarty
9 Gilbert Hernandez
10 Will Bowen ........................................top 10 from Huntington paid!
11 Kirk Gossett pp
12 Al Figueras pp
13 Ken Rosburg pp
14 Paul Bersebach pp
15 Carrie Turbow pp
16 Arthur Sims pp
17 Robert Thill pp
18 Walt Lukowski c
19 Mike Boehmke pp
20 Brian Crouse pp
21 Dave Easton pp
22 Joaquin Garcia pp
23 Daniel Jones c
24 Chuck Long km
25 Gabe Martin pp
26 Ron Tweedt pp
27 Richard Gauger pp
28 Allen Steele pp
29 Angel Figueras pp
30 Michael Mikitka pp
31 Marilyn Torchia pp
32 Andy Allen c
33 Steve Green c
34 Michael Syverson pp
35 Gary Collins pp

al2fish 07-07-2010 02:52 PM

Andy,

Just PayPal`d entry. Can`t wait!

Al

Will B. 07-08-2010 01:10 AM

That second raffle ticket is extra lucky! The times I got it I won twice!

kobra 07-08-2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will B. (Post 5960)
That second raffle ticket is extra lucky! The times I got it I won twice!

Will, you almost won twice with the same number. :biggrinjester:

al2fish 07-08-2010 10:25 AM

Ken,

Second consecutive tournament you are 13th to sign up. Hmmmm.

Chasin' Bass 07-08-2010 06:35 PM

Sign me up. Danny Jones, Newbie winner from Oceanside.

zinkysd 07-09-2010 09:56 AM

Al,
I planned it that way, LOL. I hope I do better in Dana than HH

Ken
Team Dana Point Jet Ski

al2fish 07-09-2010 08:24 PM

Are you serious. You can fish that place with a blindfold and your hands tied behind your back. That leaves your legs free since you have a Hobie......

kobra 07-10-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al2fish (Post 5968)
Are you serious. You can fish that place with a blindfold and your hands tied behind your back. That leaves your legs free since you have a Hobie......

Well said al.

LEGEND KILLER 07-11-2010 11:45 AM

Well, I'm going to employ a "new" tactic for myself in Dana. I am going to be fishing out of Robert's Revo for this one. Probably make a pre-fish or two with it to get the feel for it and get a better idea of how to store things. :party:

zinkysd 07-11-2010 03:18 PM

Brian,
Welcome to the DARK side. HOBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken
Team Dana Point Jet Ski

kobra 07-11-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEGEND KILLER (Post 5976)
Well, I'm going to employ a "new" tactic for myself in Dana. I am going to be fishing out of Robert's Revo for this one. Probably make a pre-fish or two with it to get the feel for it and get a better idea of how to store things. :party:

Good idea to pre fish a couple of times. Your legs are going to need to get used to the peddling.

Iceman 07-11-2010 07:06 PM

Thanks for giving me advance notice Brian. I would not have believed my eyes :biggrinjester:

Margarita Mike 07-12-2010 06:40 AM

Just did pay pal. I just want to see Brian and how hes going to put all his stuff on the revo.:)

kobra 07-12-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margarita Mike (Post 5982)
Just did pay pal. I just want to see Brian and how hes going to put all his stuff on the revo.:)

Worth the price of admission. LOL! :driving:

LEGEND KILLER 07-13-2010 06:55 PM

Every tournament I keep telling myself I'm going to thin down the amount of tackle I bring...............being that I usually don't use more than one or two things. But in the end I have tackle stacked up on the yak like a pyramid. Borrowing Roberts Hobie is going to force me to thin it down.............a bit :sifone:

Margarita Mike 07-21-2010 06:40 AM

LK, I'm thinking the only thinning your going to be doing is your body with all the OT you've been putting in. :) You just can't stop with a few lures, its only "one more"
See ya soon, OK in 2 months, or sooner.

Will B. 07-21-2010 09:49 PM

His hair is thinning, too:ack2:

Margarita Mike 09-06-2010 08:02 AM

Andy, anything going on with the sign ups? Haven't seen anything new in quite some time. :confused:

kobra 09-07-2010 09:37 PM

Hope your wing will be healed up for the tourney Mike.

Margarita Mike 09-08-2010 07:42 AM

Me too Bob. Just doesn't seem to heal.

Makes me :puke:

kobra 09-08-2010 06:38 PM

Lets hope that changes real fast.

Iceman 09-10-2010 08:43 AM

Mike,

2 weeks to go!

We had one walk up in KM last week and that is it. I spoke with the operator of the boat launch a few days ago and they want my manifest by the Tuesday prior. I let them know we anticipate 50-70 people and about 40 vehicles. Don't forget $10 per vehicle for parking.

As of now we have no weigh boats and the usual slackers who sign up at the last minute....or will they.

IB Fish"N" 09-10-2010 12:32 PM

Well guess that means we better bring the Bends Mender if no weigh boats right Kobra?

kobra 09-10-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IB Fish"N" (Post 6092)
Well guess that means we better bring the Bends Mender if no weigh boats right Kobra?

Roger that.

Margarita Mike 09-11-2010 06:53 AM

Andy,

Great to here from you. :party:
I think that if they haven't signed up by now, Ahhhh never mine. :)

2 weeks left, I need a least 2 more months.:nopity:but I'll be there even if I have to sit on the beach :sifone:.

Should be a great time, as you always put alot of work into this.

LEGEND KILLER 09-12-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 6091)
Mike,

2 weeks to go!

We had one walk up in KM last week and that is it. I spoke with the operator of the boat launch a few days ago and they want my manifest by the Tuesday prior. I let them know we anticipate 50-70 people and about 40 vehicles. Don't forget $10 per vehicle for parking.

As of now we have no weigh boats and the usual slackers who sign up at the last minute....or will they.

Can't blame some of the past weigh boat operators for not helping out. I know they are not always available for these dates. They do tend to get beat up quite a bit by the demands of the kayaker.

The only thing I would add to this is that they know how to operate a hand scale,.................like zeroing out the scale after each fish :banghead:

It should also be stressed that each angler should have an adequate livewell system for their yak. This statement is not to be construed as being discriminatory to newby anglers, but more of what you should have when you partake in a TOURNAMENT, that an a proper measuring device to ensure guys don't weigh in short fish or dead fish.

Unless it is deathly slow fishing, don't be calling the weigh boat to come over to weigh only one fish..............unless that fish is exceptionally large and will not fit in your livewell.:rant:

Hookdup Harv 09-13-2010 02:47 PM

:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::b anghead::banghead::banghead: :iagree:With Brian. Lather,rinse,repeat...Brian no matter how many times it's repeated ,well you know...
Got a beach house that weekend so won't be making this event.See you guy's on the water soon.My back is finally ready to get back in a kayak.At least I hope...

kobra 09-13-2010 04:54 PM

I hope so too Kevinator. Take care of your back.

IB Fish"N" 09-13-2010 06:15 PM

So is the list up to date? Only 24 people i know there will be the usual show up the day of but it seems small.

Iceman 09-14-2010 03:39 PM

this is a current list, I guess the lure of a second raffle ticket was our only ploy to get people entered. :smilielol5:

mike vint 09-15-2010 03:17 PM

sorry but i won't know until friday if i am gonna make it. My son has a water polo tourny in irvine that weekend.

Will B. 09-16-2010 01:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Let's Play:

"Name That Spot"

bigderel 09-16-2010 05:55 PM

Inside Monarch boilers. Sorry to miss this one, good luck to all!

LEGEND KILLER 09-16-2010 06:45 PM

I know that spot, it is the one you're not going to go to on tournament day :biggrinjester:

Gabe 09-16-2010 08:17 PM

Just paid. See ya'll on the 25th

paintnfish 09-16-2010 10:34 PM

Im in

IB Fish"N" 09-17-2010 06:50 AM

Hey Will nice shoes:)

Will B. 09-17-2010 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)