All Kayak Fishing Forums

All Kayak Fishing Forums (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 OEX Tournament Trail (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Oceanside tournament POSTPONED! (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1815)

Jerry M 02-19-2010 04:12 PM

Re: Oceanside tournament POSTPONED!

Weather looks like it's getting better. Oh well better safe then sorry... Or is Andy looking for more time to pre fish?..... Just kidding, hope your shoulder is feeling better Andy.

LEGEND KILLER 02-19-2010 04:26 PM

There is also no guarantee that any date be it two weeks or two months will be any better. Being an El Nino year, the weather is going to be unpredictable. The 13th or March works for me. I had to make the call early on to change partners for this years team competition because Robert was unable to attend tomorrows O'side tournament. We all make sacrifices for better or worse. I think it is a good call to have postponed it.

Gilbert, that is the joy of sponsorship right there :banghead:. That is why I have all but rid myself of those obligations (except for the select ones I have now). I really don't want to be beholden to anyone other than myself.

don harris 02-19-2010 04:45 PM

thats a good call see you all next month on the 13th of march!:iagree:

Suckafish 02-19-2010 06:13 PM

I'm new to allkayakfishing.com, but I am a member on BD and I too was going to participate in the tournament, but I believe this is a good call since there is a chance of t-storms. I also am not going to be able to make the March 13th date and that blows! I hope the date does change to a different date, but if not I wish you all luck!

Siebler 02-19-2010 09:12 PM

Remember that the dates we chose also were because of other tournaments and events we have going on, moving it to the 13th didnt interfere with anything else we have going.

Fred Hall has OEX backed up for some time after its all passed for you guys. Plus there are Islander trips and different trips/events that those of us helping organize it are going on. Its going to be hard to find a date that works for everybody no matter when we move it to.

I do see your points that 2 weeks notice is cutting it close for some of you, Its kind of like when people dont sign up until the day of the event and we have to make plans really quickly to accommodate for everybody :rolleyes:

T-Rex 02-20-2010 09:00 AM

F#@&*^% weathermen:toetap05:...sunny, no clouds, no rain, no wind...I'm going fishing! :sifone:

LEGEND KILLER 02-20-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siebler (Post 5383)
Remember that the dates we chose also were because of other tournaments and events we have going on, moving it to the 13th didnt interfere with anything else we have going.

Fred Hall has OEX backed up for some time after its all passed for you guys. Plus there are Islander trips and different trips/events that those of us helping organize it are going on. Its going to be hard to find a date that works for everybody no matter when we move it to.

I do see your points that 2 weeks notice is cutting it close for some of you, Its kind of like when people dont sign up until the day of the event and we have to make plans really quickly to accommodate for everybody :rolleyes:

I especially agree with the last paragraph.

Hookdup Harv 02-20-2010 06:12 PM

I was not going to be able to do the 20th anyway.So this works out better for me .Thanks OEX ,you made the right call.Now if I could just get you to change the Huninton Harbor date I will be able to make them all :D

dfroggy54 02-22-2010 09:59 PM

Im totally going to be there on March 13th.