All Kayak Fishing Forums

All Kayak Fishing Forums (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 OEX Tournament Trail (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Dana Point September 25th Sign Up! (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1938)

kobra 09-07-2010 09:37 PM

Re: Dana Point September 25th Sign Up!

Hope your wing will be healed up for the tourney Mike.

Margarita Mike 09-08-2010 07:42 AM

Me too Bob. Just doesn't seem to heal.

Makes me :puke:

kobra 09-08-2010 06:38 PM

Lets hope that changes real fast.

Iceman 09-10-2010 08:43 AM

Mike,

2 weeks to go!

We had one walk up in KM last week and that is it. I spoke with the operator of the boat launch a few days ago and they want my manifest by the Tuesday prior. I let them know we anticipate 50-70 people and about 40 vehicles. Don't forget $10 per vehicle for parking.

As of now we have no weigh boats and the usual slackers who sign up at the last minute....or will they.

IB Fish"N" 09-10-2010 12:32 PM

Well guess that means we better bring the Bends Mender if no weigh boats right Kobra?

kobra 09-10-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IB Fish"N" (Post 6092)
Well guess that means we better bring the Bends Mender if no weigh boats right Kobra?

Roger that.

Margarita Mike 09-11-2010 06:53 AM

Andy,

Great to here from you. :party:
I think that if they haven't signed up by now, Ahhhh never mine. :)

2 weeks left, I need a least 2 more months.:nopity:but I'll be there even if I have to sit on the beach :sifone:.

Should be a great time, as you always put alot of work into this.

LEGEND KILLER 09-12-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 6091)
Mike,

2 weeks to go!

We had one walk up in KM last week and that is it. I spoke with the operator of the boat launch a few days ago and they want my manifest by the Tuesday prior. I let them know we anticipate 50-70 people and about 40 vehicles. Don't forget $10 per vehicle for parking.

As of now we have no weigh boats and the usual slackers who sign up at the last minute....or will they.

Can't blame some of the past weigh boat operators for not helping out. I know they are not always available for these dates. They do tend to get beat up quite a bit by the demands of the kayaker.

The only thing I would add to this is that they know how to operate a hand scale,.................like zeroing out the scale after each fish :banghead:

It should also be stressed that each angler should have an adequate livewell system for their yak. This statement is not to be construed as being discriminatory to newby anglers, but more of what you should have when you partake in a TOURNAMENT, that an a proper measuring device to ensure guys don't weigh in short fish or dead fish.

Unless it is deathly slow fishing, don't be calling the weigh boat to come over to weigh only one fish..............unless that fish is exceptionally large and will not fit in your livewell.:rant:

Hookdup Harv 09-13-2010 02:47 PM

:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::b anghead::banghead::banghead: :iagree:With Brian. Lather,rinse,repeat...Brian no matter how many times it's repeated ,well you know...
Got a beach house that weekend so won't be making this event.See you guy's on the water soon.My back is finally ready to get back in a kayak.At least I hope...

kobra 09-13-2010 04:54 PM

I hope so too Kevinator. Take care of your back.